July 4: Independence Day Celebrations
Independence Day events around town
The National Weather Service is calling for a mostly sunny Independence Day, though there is a 20 percent chance of precipitation. The high should near 90 degrees.
Here are some ways to celebrate today:
1. Lakehurst will celebrate the Fourth of July with a car show beginning at 9 a.m. at the borough's elementary school. A parade through the downtown will begin at 11 a.m., and fireworks will cap off the day at Lake Horicon Park beginning at dusk.
2. Beachwood's fireworks display at Bayside Avenue will begin at 8:45 p.m. Call 732-286-6000 for more information.
3. The BlueClaws will take on the Hagerstown Suns at 7:05 p.m. at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood. Kids 12 and under eat free and fireworks will follow the game. Call 732-901-7000 for ticket information.
4. Pine Beach will hold a Fourth of July parade at 9 a.m., beginning at the Pine Beach Firehouse on Prospect Avenue and finishing at Vista Park on Riverside Drive. Call 732-349-6425 for more information.
5. Seaside Height's Fourth of July fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. on the oceanfront. Call 800-732-7467 for more information.