June 17: Chess Club, Hope4Heroes Baseball Game and Gamblers Anonymous
Five things going on in and around Manchester today
The National Weather Service has predicted showers and a possible thunderstorm before noon, so take extra care on your drive to work. The rest of the day will be cloudy with a high near 82 degrees.
Below are some of today's local happenings:
1. Players of all ages and skill levels are invited to attend the Chess Club at Manchester's library from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. The library asks that participants bring their own boards. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
2. FirstEnergy Park will host the Hope4Heroes Baseball Game, with gates opening at 5 p.m. The first game starts at 7 p.m. and will feature Hall of Famer Gaylord Perry, members of the military and former Major Leaguers. Proceeds will benefit military families. Call 732-901-7000 for more information.
3. Georgian Court University presents "Rodgers and Hart" at 6:30 pm. Pianist Fred Miller will play music from the American Popular Song's Golden Era. Admission includes a multi-course dinner and presentation. For more information call 732-987-2263.
4. Gamblers Anonymous will meet at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Toms River from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
5. The County Connection today will offer assistance with consumer issues. An Ocean County Consumer Affairs Department representative will help get answers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the connection. Call 732-288-7777 for more information.