Looking for some ways to kick back this Labor Day Weekend? There's plenty going on locally. As always, feel free to add your events to our calendar or in the comments section below.
1. Stay local and beat the traffic this weekend — the Labor Day BBQ at the Fleet Reserve Association in Lakehurst is Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m. Tickets are only $20 per person and kids under 10 years old are admitted for free. Door prizes, vendors and a DJ will be on-hand. For tickets, call 732-657-7575.
2. There is plenty of BlueClaws action this weekend as the team closes out their season against the Greensboro Grasshoppers. Games at FirstEnergy Park will be played at 7:05 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 1:05 p.m. Monday, which is also Fan Appreciation Day. Call 732-901-7000 for ticket information.
3. Sunday marks the final session of the inaugural season of the Lakehurst Farmer's Market. Visit Lake Horicon between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. to stock up on goods before vendors are gone for the summer.
4. America's Keswick in Whiting will host a free concert with Dr. Richard Allen Farmer at 3 p.m. in the center's Activity Center Gym. More information is available by calling 800-453-7942.
5. Head out to the lawn in front of Borough Hall at 6th and Central Avenues for Seaside Park's 40th annual Arts and Crafts Show on Saturday. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, call 732-793-3700.