Weekend Planner: Manchester Hosts Marching Band Competition
Events in and around Manchester and Lakehurst this weekend
Looking for something to do locally this weekend? Check out these nearby events and feel free to contribute your own, either in the comments section below or on our events calendar.
1. Manchester Township High School will host a marching band competition at 6 p.m. Saturday. The "Music Under the Stars" event will feature local schools including Jackson Memorial, Jackson Liberty, Toms River East, Shore Regional, Howell, Manalapan, Brick, Robbinsville, Monmouth Regional and Allentown. Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for students and teachers, and benefit Manchester's band.
2. The Women's Club at River Point vendor and craft fair runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the community's clubhouse, 2517 Ridgeway Blvd. Jewelry, handbags, kitchenware and more will be on sale. Proceeds will be donated to local charities. Call 732-754-9429 for more information.
3. Music group Rave On! will perform at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library from 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday. The group performs Buddy Holly hits including "That'll be the Day" and "Peggy Sue."
4. The Garden State Philharmonic will perform its program "Let's Begin... An Evening of Overtures" at 8 p.m. Saturday at Ocean County College. For ticket information, call 732-255-0460.
5. The Lakehurst Historical Society will be open Sunday from 12 to 3 p.m. Housed in the oldest Roman Catholic Church in Ocean County on 300 Center St. in Lakehurst, the society contains artifacts from the borough's rich history. A friendly staff is more than willing to provide tours and answer questions. Call 732-657-8864 for more information.