Weekend Planner: Service Member Welcomed Home and Arts Programs
Events in and around Manchester and Lakehurst this weekend
Looking for something to do locally this weekend? Check out these nearby events and feel free to contribute your own, either in the comments section below or on our events calendar.
1. A welcome home open house will be held Sunday at the Manchester Applebee's for Billy Matthaey, a 2010 graduate of Manchester Township High School who recently returned from a U.S. Army deployment in Afghanistan. The celebration will be held from 2:30 to 6 p.m. Appetizers and soda will be served, menu items and cash bar available for purchase.
2. "Happily Ever After: A Cinderella Tale" will be presented by the Push Cart Players at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The performance is sponsored by the New Jersey Alliance's The Stages Festival.
3. The second performance of "Aladdin Jr." by Manchester middle school students begins at 7 p.m. Saturday in the auditorium of Manchester Township High School. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3.50 for students and seniors. Children under three years old are admitted free.
4. The DOVE Program, a nonprofit based in Whiting that helps women and children survivors of domestic violence, will host a flapjack fundraiser at Manchester Applebee's from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Tickets are $10. Call 732-276-2699 for more information.
5. Arthur Miller's "All My Sons" will be staged at the Black Box Theatre at Ocean County College's Arts and Community Center at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Call 732-255-0500 for ticket information.