Weekly Planner: School and Municipal Meetings
Events in and around Manchester and Lakehurst this week
Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, Sept. 17
- Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library will celebrate Hispanic American culture with a garden activity where children can create planters containing Cilantro and Mexican Sage at 6:30 p.m. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
Tuesday, Sept. 18
- Lakehurst's Board of Education is scheduled to meet for its September regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the elementary school's media center. Officials are not expected to address a feasibility study investigating whether Jackson would be a better alternative than Manchester for high school students until the October meeting.
Wednesday, Sept. 19
- The Manchester Board of Education will meet at 7:30 p.m. at Ridgeway Elementary School for its regular September meeting.
Thursday, Sept. 20
- The Lakehurst Borough Council will meet for its second of two regular meetings this month at 7:30 p.m. in the Community Center on Center Street.
Friday, Sept. 21
- The Horizon Healthcare of New Jersey Blue to You Van will be at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library from 9 to 11 a.m. Information on healthy living and questions about policies will be given. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
- In Hawks sports action, Manchester's high school football team will host Jackson Liberty at 7 p.m. The full Friday and weekend schedule, including boys and girls soccer matches, is available online through the Shore Conference website.
Saturday, Sept. 22
- The Music with Friends: Musical Fun for Kids with Autism program will begin at 1 p.m. at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library. Children ages 6 through 9 and their parents are welcome. More information is available by calling 732-657-7600.