Weekly Planner: Councilman Honor, Hawkapalooza and NJROTC Competition
Events happening in and around Manchester this wee
Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, Nov. 28
- Councilman Kenneth Vanderziel, who announced his retirement weeks ago, will be honored when body meets at 6 p.m. in the courthouse at the Municipal Complex on Colonial Drive. The agenda is available online.
Tuesday, Nov. 29
- The Manchester Municipal Alliance is set to meet at the township's civic center in the municipal complex on Colonial Drive at 7 p.m. Volunteers are always welcome. Call 732-657-8121, ext. 3901 for more information.
Wednesday, Nov. 30
- "Bridesmaids" will be shown at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library. The hit comedy is rated R and runs 125 minutes.
- Also at the library, children ages 11-14 are invited to create a gingerbread house at 6:30 p.m. Registration is required; call 732-657-7600 for more information.
- Midweek Jazz at Ocean County College will feature guitarist Frank Vignola at 8 p.m. Call 732-255-0500 for more information.
Thursday, Dec. 1
- Stop by the Lakehurst McDonalds on Route 70 between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. — with a voucher that will be sent home with students on Nov. 28 — and 25 percent of sales will be donated to the Kevin's Kids holiday drive.
- The Lakehurst Borough Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the community center located on Center Street.
- The Hawks boys and girls bowling teams will kick off their seasons versus Brick Memorial at Ocean Lanes at 3 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 2
- The annual Hawkapalooza Lip Sync Contest in Manchester Township High School's auditorium will be held at 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 and proceeds benefit the Kevin's Kids holiday toy drive.
- The open enrollment period for the Medicare prescription drug program began Oct. 15. This is the time when new Medicare recipients can enroll in a Part D plan and previous enrollees can change plans if they choose. The Ocean County Office of Senior Services will be available at the Ocean County Connection in the Ocean County Mall to help. Call 732-288-7777 for an appointment.
Saturday, Dec. 3
- The NJROTC at Manchester Township High School will host the Area Four Regional Drill meet beginning at 9 a.m. Teams from New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware will compete for a spot in the May championship.