Weekly Planner: Township Council Meeting, Cyberbulling Program and Band/Choral Concert
Events in and around Lakehurst and Manchester this week
Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, May 14
- Manchester's Township Council will meet in the municipal complex courtroom at 6 p.m. for a regular meeting. The agenda is available online.
- A mandatory meeting for students interested in becoming Manchester Township High School cheerleaders and their parents begins at the school at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, May 15
- A cyberbulling program for elementary student parents presented by the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office will begin at 7 p.m. in the Manchester Township Elementary School media center.
Wednesday, May 16
- Manchester Police Auxiliary officers will graduate during a ceremony at the township's municipal complex at 6 p.m.
- The Manchester Township High School spring band and choral concert begins at 7 p.m. in the school's auditorium.
Thursday, May 17
- The Lakehurst Borough Council will meet for its second regular meeting of May, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center on Center Street.
- Children ages 6-10 are invited to create a Japanese Kabuki theatre mask to celebrate Asian Pacific Islander Month at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 6 p.m. More information is available by calling 732-657-7600.
Friday, May 18
- Players of all ages and skill levels are invited to attend the Chess Club at Manchester's library from 12 to 2 p.m. The library asks that participants bring their own boards. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
- High school seniors will have their prom at the Jacques Reception Center in Middletown at 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 19
- Music from the 1940s through 1960s will be celebrated at the Ring-A-Ding Rock-A-Billy Swing with George Pettignano at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 2 p.m. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
- The Music with Friends: Musical Fun for Kids with Autism program will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library. Children ages 6 through 9 and their parents are welcome. More information is available by calling 732-657-7600.