The National Weather Service is calling for a mostly sunny Independence Day, though there is a 20 percent chance of precipitation. The high should near 90 degrees.
Here are some ways to celebrate today:
1. Lakehurst will celebrate the Fourth of July with a car show beginning at 9 a.m. at the borough's elementary school. A parade through the downtown will begin at 11 a.m., and fireworks will cap off the day at beginning at dusk.
2. Beachwood's fireworks display at Bayside Avenue will begin at 8:45 p.m. Call 732-286-6000 for more information.
3. The BlueClaws will take on the Hagerstown Suns at 7:05 p.m. at FirstEnergy Park in Lakewood. Kids 12 and under eat free and fireworks will follow the game. Call 732-901-7000 for ticket information.
4. Pine Beach will hold a Fourth of July parade at 9 a.m., beginning at the Pine Beach Firehouse on Prospect Avenue and finishing at Vista Park on Riverside Drive. Call 732-349-6425 for more information.
5. Seaside Height's Fourth of July fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. on the oceanfront. Call 800-732-7467 for more information.