As Hurricane Sandy draws closer, keep in mind that some events may be affected by the weather — make sure to check that they're still scheduled before heading out. Stay updated on the latest storm news with Manchester Patch.
1. Saturday marks the end of the Terror Trail at the Ridgeway Volunteer Fire Company headquarters, 2848 Ridgeway Rd. Entry to the trail is $15. Call 732-600-9191 for more information.
2. The Studio Stage in Whiting is staging the broadway hit musical "RENT" this weekend. Catch the show at the company's Whiting Town Center location, 108 Lacey Rd., at 2 or 6 p.m. on Saturday or Sunday. Tickets are available online or by calling 732-350-2320.
3. Lakehurst will hold its Halloween parade on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 11 a.m. through the downtown. Residents are asked to line up at the U.S. Post Office on Brown Avenue at 10:45 a.m. The parade will proceed up Union Avenue to Lake Horicon, where participants will be judged.
4. The Ocean County College Theatre Company will present "The Dream of the Burning Boy" at 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the school's Arts and Community Center Theatre. Call 732-255-0500 for ticket information.
5. Fall programs are in swing at the Robert J. Novins Planetarium at Ocean County College in Toms River throughout the weekend. Among the shows are "Legends of the Night Sky: Perseus and Andromeda" and "Exploring the Fall Sky." For the complete schedule and ticket pricing, visit the planetarium's website.