Looking for something to do locally this weekend? Check out these nearby events and feel free to contribute your own, either in the comments section below or on our events calendar.
1. After being rained out last weekend, Lakehurst will hold its Easter Egg Hunt at 11 a.m. Saturday at Lake Horicon Park. The Easter Bunny is scheduled to make an appearance.
2. in Manchester will donate 100 percent of the proceeds made on Saturday, April 7 to the family of Daniel Inglis, a 24-year-old Lacey native who was . Hair cuts will be offered for $10 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the salon, located at 1980 Route 37 West.
3. The annual Easter Promenade on the Seaside Heights boardwalk will begin at 11 a.m. Sunday. Call 800-732-7467 for more information.
4. Races at the New Egypt Speedway, 720 Route 539, are scheduled to start at 6 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and military service members and $10 for children ages 12-15; children under age 12 are free. Gates will open at 4 p.m.
5. Sky shows at Ocean County College's Robert J. Novins Planetarium run on Saturday. "Kaluoka'hina: The Enchanted Reef" and "Touching the Edge of the Universe" are some of the offerings. Check out the full schedule and pricing information on the planetarium website.