Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, May 7
- Manchester's is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Complex courtroom on Colonial Drive. The agenda is available online.
Tuesday, May 8
- Adopt-A-Shelf volunteer training will be held from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at of the Ocean County Library. Call 732-657-7600 for more information on the program and to register.
Wednesday, May 9
- The Police Unity Tour kicks off beginning at 8:30 a.m. Officers from numerous New Jersey municipalities will travel on bicycle to Washington, D.C., and will make stops in Howell, Lakewood and the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office in Toms River in honor of fallen officers.
Thursday, May 10
- Manchester's will meet for its regular monthly meeting in Ridgeway Elementary School's media center at 7:30 p.m. The board typically meets on Wednesdays — May's Teacher of the Year presentation meeting is set for Thursday.
- A special meeting of Manchester's Zoning Board of Adjustment will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Municipal Complex courtroom. The application for an STS and Dunkin Donuts in Whiting will be heard.
Friday, May 11
- Players of all ages and skill levels are invited to attend the Chess Club at from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. The library asks that participants bring their own boards. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.