Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, March 19
- Kindergarten registration will run from March 20-22 at , and elementary schools. The registration requirements are available on the district website.
- Lakehurst's Board of Education is scheduled to meet for its regular March meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the borough's elementary school.
Tuesday, March 20
- The Environmental Commission will convene at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex courtroom for its regular March meeting. The agenda is available online.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey representative will present a program on effective doctor visits at 10 a.m. at of the Ocean County Library.
Wednesday, March 21
- Manchester's will hold its regular meeting for March at 7:30 p.m. in the media center at Ridgeway Elementary School.
- The Angeltones female singing group will celebrate Women's History Month with a performance at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 7 p.m. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
Thursday, March 22
- The application for a controversial skilled nursing facility will not be heard when Manchester's Zoning Board of Adjustment meets for its March regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the municipal complex courtroom. The Manchester Rehab Realty application will be heard next during the board's regular meeting on April 26
Friday, March 23
- Players of all ages and skill levels are invited to attend the Chess Club at from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. The library asks that participants bring their own boards. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
Saturday, March 24
- "Happily Ever After: A Cinderella Tale" will be presented by the Push Cart Players at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 10:30 a.m. The performance is sponsored by the New Jersey Alliance's The Stages Festival.