An 18-month-old Manchester girl is in stable condition at Community Medical Center in Toms River, after an accidental overdose of prescription blood pressure medication, Capt. Lisa Parker said.
Manchester police responded to a home at 20 Charles Avenue at 3:03 p.m. Wednesday for a reported accidental overdose. Alicia Collins, 26, the child's mother found several tablets of Clonidine - a blood pressure medication belonging to her grandmother - on the floor where her daughter had been playing, Parker said.
Collins also noticed that her child seemed tired and sluggish for nearly three hours. She determined that several tablets of the medication may have been missing and ingested by her daughter, Parker said.
Collins called 911 for help. Members of the Manchester First Aid Squad and police responded and transported her to Community Medical Center, Parker said.