Sometimes, our busy schedules can mean important local events pass us by. Manchester Patch has rounded up some of this week's best bets below. Feel free to add your events in the comments section below or to our calendar.
Monday, Feb. 27
- Manchester's will meet at 6 p.m. in the municipal complex courtroom for its second regular meeting in February. The agenda is available online or as a PDF file attached to this article.
Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Jon Turk will celebrate 50 years of Motown music with a 2 p.m. performance at of the Ocean County Library. Call 732-657-7600 for more information.
Wednesday, Feb. 29
- The film "Moneyball" will be screened at 2 and 6 p.m. at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library. The PG-13 rated drama follows Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane's struggle to create a winning baseball team with little money.
Thursday, March 1
- Manchester members will vote to approve the district's tentative 2012-13 during a special meeting at 6 p.m. in the media center at Ridgeway Elementary School. A public budget hearing is scheduled for March 28.
- Lakehurst's redevelopment agency will meet at 7 p.m., and the borough council will follow at 7:30 p.m. Both meetings will be held in the community center on Center Street.
Friday, March 2
- It's opening day for the Drama Club's production of The show begins at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium and tickets can be purchased for $10 at the door.
- Horizon Healthcare of New Jersey representatives will be at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library at 9 a.m. to share healthy living strategies, discuss health care and speak about claims, billing and other issues.
Saturday, March 3
- "The Drowsy Chaperone" will be staged in the auditorium of Manchester Township High School at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the door.
- "A Flute Garden" will be performed by the Festive Flutes at Manchester's branch of the Ocean County Library. The hour-long program begins at 2 p.m. More information is available by calling 732-657-7600.