Looking for something to do locally this weekend? Check out these nearby events and feel free to contribute your own, either in the comments section below or on our events calendar.
1. The will be held on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at . Vendors include the , area farmers and an Italian food vendor. The market will run each Sunday at the lake through Sept. 3.
2. A flea market will be held at the Whiting Volunteer Fire Company headquarters on Route 530 in Whiting on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
3. Pajama Night at Ocean County College's Robert J. Novins Planetarium starts at 6 and 7 p.m. Saturday. Kids are invited to wear pajamas and bring a blanket and pillow to the bedtime story event. Call 732-255-0343 for more information.
4. The 35th annual Wooden Boat Festival will be held in Toms River's Huddy Park from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. Vendors, artists, food and rides will be on hand. Call 732-349-9209 for more information.
5. The Odessa Klezmer Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the Ocean County Library's Toms River branch as part of the Carousel of Music series. Attendees are invited to bring a chair to the free outdoor event. Call 877-627-2757 for more information.