The Community Medical Center is an affiliate of St. Barnabas Health Care System and was opened in 1961. It is the state's largest non-teaching hospital with 592-beds. According to the website, on average, the hospital treats 28,000 inpatients, 127,700 outpatients, and 100,000 emergency department patients each year. The hospital has many departments and medical services.
Some of the departments and specialties that the Community Medical Center offers include the Behavioral Health Network, Breast Care Program, cancer services, cardiology services, Center for Diabetes Education, Center for Sleep Disorders, Hospitice Inpatient Unit, Neurophysiology, Post Acute Rehabilitation, Radiation Oncology, Robotic Surgery, the Spine Institute, Respiratory Care, Renal Services, and the Valorie Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders. The hosptial also offers an Emergency Department, the Joint Institute, Center for Women's Health, the J. Phillip Citta Regional Cancer Center, Materinity Services, and Primary Stroke Center.
In addition to the many services the hospital provides, the Community Medical Center also has support groups as well as fitness and wellness programs. The Community Medical Center has been nationlly recognized winning awards such as Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (2005-2010), Orthopedic Care Excellence Award (2006-2010), Pulmonary Care Excellence Award (2003-2010), Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award (2010), and Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award (2010). The hospital also received five star ratings in Cardiac Services, Maternity Care, Critical Care, and General Surgery.
- Hours: By Appointment. Emergency services hours: Daily, 24hrs.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking, level ground enterance, elevators.
- Founding Date: 1961
- Payments accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Claims will be submitted on your behalf to your insurance carrier. A list of participating HMO/Insurance Carriers can be found here: http://www.saintbarnabas.com/hospitals/community_medical/insurance/index.html
- Appointments: Walk-in accepted
- Licenses: Board certified or board eligible physicians, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and nursing assistants, registered dietitians, registered pharmacists.
- Accreditations/certifications: Board certified or board eligible physicians.
- Affiliations: St. Barnabas Health Care System
- Financial assistance: Payment plan
- Parking: Paid lot
- What makes this community special?: Community Medical Center provides a great variety of services and has been nationally recognized.
- Number of beds: 587
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Dental surgery, Internal medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics, Psychiatric ward, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery
- Visiting hours: Visiting hours are specific to each unit. Information for visiting hours can be found here: http://www.saintbarnabas.com/hospitals/community_medical/visitors/index.html
- Helipad: No